At Sarina Russo Institute we offer FREE individual counselling to students for academic and personal issues, with the aim of supporting you to succeed at Sarina Russo Institute.
We will be professional, responsive and respectful. We know that at times people experience issues that cause distress, and that counselling can help to identify and work through these. We are committed to your independence and aim to help you find the most appropriate solution that suits your unique situation. We will help you clarify the problem, explore your alternatives and find solutions. We can support you in making changes and do this with a range of evidence-based strategies. Students see us for help with issues including their relationships, mental health and academic-related concerns. We encourage you to see us before a problem becomes a major issue.
For a confidential appointment please contact June Menzies
- Individual counselling appointments
- Educational workshops (e.g. managing stress, bullying, homesickness)
- Support for academic issues
- Conflict resolution
- Critical incident stress management
- Referral to other services as appropriate
What can counselling help with?
Your issues don’t have to be uni-related, and they don’t have to be ‘major’. Some of the issues we deal with include:
- Managing stress
- Relationship issues
- Family issues
- Finding friends, social skills
- Grief and loss
- Academic concerns
- Mental health issues
- Trauma, abuse or violence
- The impacts of physical illness
- Homesickness and adjustment to life at uni
- Drug and alcohol use
- Self esteem