Capitalise on an industry with great career opportunities. Our interactive course gives job seekers a qualification and entry into an industry rich with career opportunities and pathways.
Our Course Covers
- Communicate and work in the health or community services sector
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people.
Cert 3 Guarantee Program
This course can be delivered under the Queensland Government funded Certificate 3 Guarantee Program.
Delivery & Duration
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and well being|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCDIS001||Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach|
|CHCDIS002||Follow established person-centred behaviour supports|
|CHCDIS003||Support community participation and social inclusion|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
Certificate 3 Guarantee
- Face-to-Face plus some online study.
Duration: The full course is 3 semesters. 40 weeks in total including 120 hours of vocational placement. Full Time: 25 hours per week.
- Wed: 9am – 12pm
- Thurs: 9am – 4.30pm
- Fri: 9am – 4.30pm
(plus some online study)
120 hrs of Vocational Placement is also a requirement of the qualification. SRI will assist with the coordination of student vocational placement into suitable facilities in conjunction with SRJA.
- A student must be able to supply a Federal Police Check (cost applies) prior to placement- refer to www.afp.gov.au for fees.
- Regular access to a computer or tablet to undertake learning and assessment activities
- Regular access to the internet and to an email account
- The ability and willingness to complete a face-to-face course
- The ability to communicate directly with SRI
- The ability to communicate in English with SRI
- The ability to understand instructions provided, written or verbally in English
- The ability to use a computer and type
- The willingness to provide a valid USI
- Assistant in nursing
- Personal care worker/assistant
- Residential care worker
- Support worker
- Disability worker
As a Sarina Russo Institute student, you are entitled to our FREE employment assistance, which provides mentoring, employment workshops and job placement service.
Student Support Services
- Dedicated Trainers to help with training and assessment
- Access to iLearn – our 24/7 learning management system
- Access to online Language Literacy and Numeracy testing and tools to help with proficiency skills if required
- Mentoring and job placement assistance
- Opportunities to collaborate online with peers