The Bridging English Entry Program is a 10 week English for university purposes style course aimed at providing overseas students with the necessary language and academic skills to complete a postgraduate English-medium university degree.
This program is targeted at students who have a conditional offer to study a postgraduate Masters level course in Business, Accounting, IT or Hospitality Management.
- Fees: $250/week + $15 Material Fees/week
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Hours: 20 hours per week face to face (Monday – Friday) + 5 hours self-paced learning
- CRICOS Code: 088422F
- Entry into James Cook University Masters programs
- Realistic learning approach to language learning
- Further introduces students to Australian tertiary level learning culture.
- Develops and enhances language skills for successfully undertaking all aspects of student life at tertiary level.
- Free academic writing workshops held weekly
- 3 January
- 3 April
- 17 April
- 7 August
- 21 August
- 4 December
Note: School vacation will be 18 December 2017 – 1 January 2018 (Courses recommence – 2 January 2018)
All students entering the Bridging English Entry Program will be required to have met the relevant, nationally accepted academic requirements specific to their countries of origin. In addition, the following the minimum English language requirements are set based on the IELTS empirical research which states English language production improves by half a band score every 10 weeks:
- IELTS (Academic Module) of 6.0 with no band below 6.0, or
- TOEFL ibt 79 with a minimum writing score of 19
- TOEFL of 550 (paper-based) with a minimum test of written English score of 4.0
- PTE (Pearson Test of English): 50 with no communicative skill below 46
- First Certificate of English Grade A, score 80 or
- Cambridge English: Advanced Grade C score 53
- Successful completion of Unipath 2 at Sarina Russo Institute, Grade C
In the case of jagged profiles the following will also be considered
- IELTS (Academic Module) of 6.0 with no more than two bands below 6.0.
|8:30am – 9:30am||1 hour||Speaking Class|
|9:40am – 11:10am||1.5 hours||Core Class|
|11:30am – 1:00pm||1.5 hours||Core Class|
|1:10pm – 2:10pm||1 hour||Speaking Skills|
|2:20pm – 3:40pm||1.5 hours||Core Class|
|4:00pm – 5:30pm||1.5 hours||Core Class|
^Please note class time can be scheduled anywhere between 8:30am and 7:30pm. Students are responsible for checking their own timetable on the Student Portal each week for class times.